Hi there! I’m Rachel from A Mindful Life. I’m a certified Health
Coach and I have been living with Crohn’s Disease for 13 years
Living with a chronic illness and chronic inflammation can be
exhausting, painful, scary, lonely, frustrating, and confusing.
Navigating the medical system and wellness industry for
information and relief can be overwhelming.
There are no quick fixes to these long-term conditions so we need to arm ourselves with
We need tools to help us:
- pay attention to what’s going on in our bodies,
- figure out what we need from moment to moment
- filter through overwhelming emotions and the masses of information available to us.
It’s hard to think clearly when we are in the midst of a flare-up. I have designed
this guide to be your source of clarity when you need it the most.
The Goals of The Mindful Flare-Up Guide:
To help you:
- Navigate the different stages of a flare-up with minimal distress.
- Recognise what stage you are at from moment to moment.
- Understand what to expect from your body physically and emotionally at each stage.
- Get clarity on what you need to do in each stage.
- Shorten the length of the flare-up and reduce your level of suffering.
- Prevent a flare-up from escalating.
By guiding you through the following KEY STEPS:
STEP 1: Outline how chronic inflammation works.
STEP 2: Identify the 4 key stages of the inflammatory response/flare-up.
STEP 3: Acknowledge the challenges of each stage.
STEP 4: Identify what it looks and feels like for you in each stage.
STEP 5: Identify what you need in each stage.
Using the following KEY Mindfulness Principles:
PRINCIPLE 1: Raising your awareness of self, emotions, and thoughts.
PRINCIPLE 2: Noticing without judgment.
PRINCIPLE 3: Acceptance of where you are at.
PRINCIPLE 4: Practicing self-compassion.
PRINCIPLE 5: Practicing gratitude.
PRINCIPLE 6: Making mindful choices.