As the year winds down it’s important to take a pause and leave our bodies wind down and recover.
If we have been running on adrenaline for a while it may feel strange to suddenly stop. We may even burn out as our body tries to recharge.
Here are a few reminders to help you optimize your break:
- We all have different needs from our break. Some may be craving connection while others need to disconnect. Allow yourself, and others, the space to do what you need to do.
- Set your boundaries! Take some time to check-in with what you do need and communicate it clearly to those around you.
- Celebrate your wins! It’s important to honour your wins, sacrifices and efforts before moving onto the next goal or big project.
- Acknowledge your losses. If you haven’t taken the time to fully mourn a loss, whether it’s the death of a loved one, or the loss of a job or relationship, it’s important to sit with it and allow it to wash over you. Feel what you need to feel without judgment but with compassion. Emotional pain will stay with you until you attend to it and allow it to pass.
- Be grateful for your blessings! It’s always a good time to practice gratitude and let those around you know how grateful you are.
- And have some fun!! The routine has been paused so enjoy the freedom of doing what you feel like when you feel like it.
For those of you dealing with chronic illness, there are no breaks so be sure to take extra care to mind yourself throughout the holiday season.
If you’d like to take this time to reflect on the impact of your chronic illness has on your life and gain some tools to help you navigate it, I am currently gifting my 34-page Mindful Flare-Up Guide to those living with chronic inflammation.
Normally priced at NZ$20, for a limited time only (between now and Christmas 2021) I’d like to gift this to you for FREE!
Just enter your email address and name in the following form to claim your gift!
Wishing you a merry and mindful holiday season!